Position: Lead Installer
Position Type: Full Time
The Lead Installer provides leadership, communication and follow-up of processes to ensure a high level of service excellence and customer satisfaction by actively engaging contractors in a wide range of customer service and operational scenarios.
The Lead Installer is the on-site technician responsible for maintaining client relationships, leading the install team while working with the project manager to ensure that our products are installed to GuestTek standards and the customers’ satisfaction. Along with this the IM will be in charge of maintaining inventory, keeping the project on schedule, deciding when key items need to be escalated, adjusting the design as needed and maintaining all required documentation
- Manage the Installation project plan as business requires and this may include performing site inspections throughout the installation process
- Develop resolutions to complex technical problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Develop installation schedules, evaluate installation estimates, review contract modifications, and verify work performed to recommend
- Collaborate with and/or mentor service and installation technicians to ensure they are aware of technical and audio-visual issues, new technology, troubleshooting, and other issues as applicable
- Manage and direct the daily load of subcontractor assignments and job fulfillment obligations
- Evaluate customer installation concerns before, during and after installation
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a successful project completion
- Plan and implement procedures, processes and systems to maximize operating efficiency.
- Maintain an agreed-upon level of accuracy in measurements and installations with minimal rework and additional trips to the job site
- Define, standardize, and document all installation processes and ensure they are followed consistently
- Provide supervision and planning in the successful completion of specific projects.
- Possess a degree in Applied Information Technology from a technical College or equivalent.
- Preference would be given to individuals with CCNA.
- Advanced knowledge of switched Ethernet, Internet connection methods, and networking.
- Good working knowledge of Linux, Switched, DSL, and WiFi networking equipment.
- Cabling knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid Passport, and be able to travel overseas without visa restrictions.
- Preference would be given to bilingual applicants.
- This position requires extensive travel, as much as 90% of the time may be spent out of the office at customer sites. Time not spent traveling will be used in the office to assist with other projects.
- This position can be very demanding, both physically and mentally. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, under deadlines.
- Solid business skills including judgment, decision making, information management, planning, problem solving.
- Proven management skills with the ability to train, develop, coach, and motivate team members.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Windows.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure you indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line.