Position: PreSales Engineer
Department: Sales Engineering
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: APAC, Manager of Sales Engineering
Reporting directly to the APAC Manager of Sales Engineering, the PreSales Engineer participates as a member of a regional sales team by applying sound technical and product knowledge in support of full cycle sales efforts.
- Works to understand and keep informed about technical features and functional attributes of solution offerings.
- Provides quotations for opportunities that have been qualified by the RSM.
- Provides technical guidance and training to Sales team.
- Assists RSM in preparing presentations in support of national account sales and large bids when needed.
- Deals with customers on-site with regard to technical and other account issues, as required.
- Conducts on-site surveys, as required.
- Provides information captured during pre-sales phase to Project Management when PO is received and PM is assigned.
- Works with PM to transfer the understanding of the specific deal in order to assist the PM in takeover of role of prime interface during the implementation phase.
- Post-secondary technical education and 3 – 5 years IT-related technical experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 5 years technical sales experience preferred.
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), Visio
- Experience with Air Magnet or Similar Software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and an aptitude for working with numbers and Excel Spreadsheets.
- Strong Organizational Skills.
- Strong Management Skills.
- Ability to interact with external customers at a senior level in a friendly and professional manner.
- Frequent travel may be required.
To submit your application, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org – Be sure to indicate the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.