Please submit qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject field indicating the position title.
Position: Product Lifecycle Manager
Department: Product Management
Location: Calgary, AB
Job type: Full Time
Reports to: Global Director, Media & Mobile
The Product Lifecycle Manager is responsible for assisting in the day to day management of tracking, reporting, and analyzing client product versions and potential risks related to updates or product changes. The primary goal of the Product Lifecycle Manager is to ensure all clients are running at the optimal product version for their current and future needs. The Product Lifecycle manager will also head projects under the direction of the Product Directors. Examples include: evaluate of new technologies and hardware, certify 3rd party hardware, security audits and assist in the provisioning of demo systems for the Company.
- Monitor Product Life Cycle: Development, deployment, production, upgrades, and end of life.
- Participate in developing company standards related to the product management process.
- Will be an integral part of the process for identifying, tracking, managing, communicating, developing, and deploying new products and new features to existing products.
- Maintain individual Client Product Documentation including product version and deviation from standards
- Facilitating interdepartmental communication; ensuring all parties obtain the correct information in layman’s terms.
- Assist in facilitating the scheduling of product upgrades by advising of potential risks of the upgrade.
- Act in compliance with existing client configurations.
- Organize and run projects sponsored by the Product Directors.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Ensure established guidelines are followed in order to provide quality service both internally and externally.
- Anticipate risk and issues, and ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate/resolve them.
- Ensure sufficient recovery mechanisms and emergency preplans are maintained and available when needed.
- Advise the Product Strategy team of possible upgrade opportunities or client costs savings, such as end of life upgrades, product upgrades, additional services, etc.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; verbally and written.
- Assist with creation of monthly (or as required) reports on service results along with an analysis identifying chronic problem areas.
- Maintain an awareness of new products and initiatives.
- 2+ years’ experience in High Speed Internet and/or Video On Demand services and equipment or a Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or from a technical institute.
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, MAC).
- Understanding of networks, and the ability to apply that knowledge to understand a products network requirements.
- Capable of effectively coordinating with employees in remote locations.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical and reporting skills (written/verbal).
- Positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Results driven approach.
- Motivated, reliable, and goal oriented with a proven dedication to customer care excellence.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to multitask with attention to detail.