Position: Network Services Technician – 12 Month Term
Location: Calgary, AB or USA-Remote
The Network Services Technician is responsible for providing an onsite presence for client properties during high profile or high volume events, or acting as a dedicated technical resource during such client events. The Technician will facilitate this by assisting with network changes prior to the event, providing remote assistance and monitoring during the event, and/or providing onsite support as determined by the event support request.
- Fulfill the role of onsite technician for hotels.
- Establish a positive working relationship with contracted clients and other authorized liaison and/or staff members on the hotel’s conference team.
- Ongoing refinement of the above processes.
- Act as first-line technical resource for Events.
- Coordinate the provision of various remote event services with NOC and Technical Services (consultations, special configurations, remote meeting support).
- Assist Customer Relations Managers with the sale or rental of equipment.
- Regular travel.
- Providing recommendations for improvement to meet SLAs and assist with Processes to ensure contractual obligations are achieved.
- Ensure established guidelines are followed in order to provide quality service to customers and internally.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a high performing team.
- Anticipate risk and issues, ensure appropriate action is taken to mitigate/resolve them.
- Ensures sufficient recovery mechanisms and emergency preplans are maintained and available when needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization; verbally and written.
- Assist with creation of monthly (or as required) reports on service results along with an analysis identifying chronic problem areas.
- Maintain an awareness of new products, and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong networking knowledge (especially network design) and advanced troubleshooting/debugging knowledge & experience.
- Switched Ethernet, Internet connection methods and networking.
- Linux, DSL & WiFi equipment.
- Premises cabling.
- Knowledge of GSAC.
- Bachelor’s degree, Applied Information Technology degree or equivalent.
- Computer proficiency and demonstrated business communication skills.
- Position requires availability by pager and/or cell phone 24/7.
- Demonstrated exceptional attention to detail and ability to work as part of a team.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Superior analytical and reporting skills (written/verbal).
- Proficient with the use of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of various Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, MAC).
- Capable of effectively coordinating with employees in remote locations.
- Exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to multitask with attention to detail.
- Available to cover shifts supporting a 7/24/365 operation.
- This position will involve travel for approximately 40-50% of the time, must have a valid Canadian/US passport or US Visa for extended periods of time.
- Calm demeanour, excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
- “Can do” attitude and demonstrated willingness to see things through to a positive resolution.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service.
- A trustworthy individual able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- Interest and ability to travel.
- Motivated, reliable, and goal oriented with a proven dedication to customer care excellence.