Kindly submit qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title clearly indicated in the subject field.
Position: Junior Software Developer
Department: Product Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director, Software Development
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the Junior Software Developer will be responsible for the development, testing, maintenance and support of innovative, best-in-class software products. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with strong analysis and development skills.
- Work within an agile team to help prototype, design, implement and test computer code for Java and Java Enterprise applications.
- Analyze business requirements and assist in documentation of functional and technical requirements.
- Prepare documentation on the operation, maintenance and testing of software.
- Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems.
- Acquire working knowledge on Java server technologies.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on time and on budget.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
Education / Training:
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with Java technologies including, RESTful, JAXB, JSF, Spring, JMS and Java Persistence.
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS/JS and Java Script MVC frameworks like Angular JS and jQuery.
- Knowledge of object oriented methodologies, and design patterns.
- Knowledge of source code management systems and software life cycle management.
- Knowledge of Relational Databases, preferably MySQL.
Nice to have:
- Experience in a Linux environment.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of unit tests to validate code.
- Experience with GIT version control systems and automated testing environments.
- Experience using JIRA, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
Knowledge of component based development and distributed architectures