Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title indicated in the subject field.
Department: Product Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Reports to: Director, Software Development
Reporting to the Director of Software Development, the Intermediate Software Developer – Interfaces will be responsible for the development, testing, maintenance and support of innovative, best-in-class software products. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with strong analysis and development skills.
- Work alongside the team lead to help prototype, design, implement, test and deploy computer code for use in Java applications.
- Create and maintain software interfaces to Third Party systems using Serial or TCP/IP connectivity.
- Analyze business requirements and interface specifications to generate functional and technical requirements for development.
- Prepare documentation on the operation, testing and support of software projects.
- Propose and undertake special projects, either with a team or individually.
- Acquire advanced working knowledge on Java technologies.
- Share knowledge and promote learning to other Company staff.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
Education / Training:
- University degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
Mandatory Skills & Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of Java technologies including, RESTful, JAXB, JSF, Spring, EJB, JMS, Webservices, SOAP, XML and Java Persistence.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SQL data stores and data modeling, preferably MySQL.
- Experience with HTML5/CSS/JS with the ability to leverage Java Script MVC frameworks.
- Experience with object-oriented methodologies and design patterns.
- Experience in the creation and maintenance of unit tests to validate code.
- Experience using software lifecycle management systems.
- Knowledge of component based development, distributed application design and application integration.
- Proficient using source code management systems.
- Worked on a professional project to completion.
Nice to have:
- Proficient in a Linux environment.
- Experience with network protocols including TCP/IP, SNMP, IPSec and VLANs.
- Experience with GIT version control system, automated testing and agile software development.
- Experience with content management frameworks.
- Experience using JIRA, Bitbucket and Jenkins.
- Between 3 – 5 years’ experience in software development.