Please submit qualified resumes to: Careers@guest-tek.com
Position: Intermediate Production/DevOps System Administrator
Department: Research and Development
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Position Type: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Production Manager
The Intermediate Production/DevOps System Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration of Production, Development and QA systems and will also be a key resource in developing new solutions in the AWS cloud.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- AWS development and administration tasks related to new and existing products.
- Administration and support of hardware and software systems within the organization.
- Working with Linux systems both in a data center and in the cloud.
- Maintenance of Virtual Systems used within the organization.
- Working with the online community to identify and solve any issues that may arise.
- Creation of documentation for training of others within the department.
- Actively pursue professional development and acquire new skills.
- 5+ years’ experience with Linux(CentOS preferable), DevOps and Cloud technologies
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with AWS in a production environment with EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, ELB, RDS and CloudWatch. Which includes high availability and regional replication.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible or Spacewalk
- Experience in programming/scripting with Bash or Python.
- Experience with system administration in a Linux environment.
- Experience with virtualization technologies VMWare and KVM.
- Experience with container and micro service technologies, Docker.
- Great interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to communicate issues with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with the capability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs.
- Excellent trouble shooting and research skills.
- Eager to learn new concepts and technologies, and be able to share acquired knowledge.