Please submit qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department: Global Operations – Deployments
The Installer is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and testing the HSIA / VOD Access Server and visitor based networking equipment on client’s property. In addition, this position will be responsible for training the hotel staff in the proper use of the visitor network.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot networking equipment on customer premises
- Install and configure OVI / OVM servers on customer’s site.
- Perform hotel staff training for visitor network.
- Document installation and testing results.
- Work under the guidance of the Project Manager to complete various projects.
- Report any customer and installation issues.
- Represent Guest-tek onsite and ensure customer satisfaction with Guest-tek products and services.
- Possess a degree in Applied Information Technology from a technical College or equivalent.
- Preference would be given to individuals with CCNA.
- Advanced knowledge of switched Ethernet, Internet connection methods, and networking.
- Good working knowledge of Linux, Switched, DSL, and WiFi networking equipment.
- Cabling knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid Passport, and be legally entitled to travel overseas.
- This position requires extensive travel, as much as 90% of the time may be spent out of the office at customer sites. Time not spent traveling will be used in the office to assist with other projects.
- This position can be very demanding, both physically and mentally. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, under deadlines.
- A trustworthy individual able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven analytical skills and excellent problem-solving attitude and skills to resolve technical issues.
- Enjoys travelling.