Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title indicated in the subject field.
Department: Global Services
Position Type: Contract
Reports to: Team Lead
The GNOC is responsible for taking calls from hotel staff, creating incidents, and either resolving or escalating those incidents. Must be able to work with a variety of hardware, software, and networking technologies in a timely manner. This individual must be able to work under pressure to provide quick solutions for the Clients, and must demonstrate a superior working knowledge of all GuestTek products and services.
- Taking calls from Hotel Staff members and dispatched technicians.
- Adhering to company policies on attendance and use of phone codes.
- Creating, Updating, Resolving or Escalating incidents according to company policies and SLAs.
- Communicating with clients and internal GuestTek’s departments.
- Co-operating within the team to ensure all calls are answered within SLAs.
- Other related duties as assigned by Global Services Management Team.
- Must be able to speak and write in fluent English.
- Degree in Computer science or relevant field or work experience in a similar field.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written in English and good interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of business supported
- Available to cover shifts supporting a 24/7/365 operation.
- Strong communication skills, and understanding of the business supported.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of networking.
- Must demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Relevant Networking/IT certification is an asset
- Linux knowledge is an asset.
- Understanding GuestTek proprietary products is an asset.
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- A positive “can do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
- Must show knowledge about latest technology in use.
- Must have a desire to learn.