Please submit qualified resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title indicated in the subject field.
Position: Director of Quality Management and Professional Services
Department: Operations – Americas
Reports to: SVP Operations, Americas
Locations: Calgary, Salt Lake City, or Remote
The Director of Quality Management and Professional Services provides oversite to the Quality Control and Training Departments for the America’s region. The Quality Control department is responsible for auditing select installs to ensure compliance to GuestTek standards, and on occasion to act as an on-site local expert on problematic or high-profile projects. The Training department’s focus on ensuring the deployments team is properly prepared to install GuestTek’s systems and solutions to established standards. This department is also responsible for conducting the monthly Third Party Contractor (TPC) training. The Director of Quality Management and Professional Services also manages the vendor partners that are a part of the GuestTek TPC program. This includes ensuring that when TPC’s are used for Site Survey and Installations that GuestTek standards are adhered to. In addition, this position is responsible for vetting new TPC’s for the program. This individual will assist the Operations America’s department on any duties deemed necessary. This includes, but is not limited to research, compile and assist with the analysis of production statistics from a variety of sources.
- Mentoring/training GuestTek and TPC personnel structured around installation activity.
- Oversee the “on site” support for projects, provide feedback to the Development Team.
- Oversee the creation of Operations workflows; champion and support continuous improvement.
- Assist with creating/updating all QC audit/evaluation forms.
- Assist installations by observing the performance of contract crews.
- Coordinate site audits for newly installed or upgraded Guest-tek customer sites.
- Troubleshooting and Repair; make detailed recommendations for the remediation of deficiencies discovered.
- Make travel arrangements in a cost effective and timely fashion and schedule meetings with hotel staff.
- Prepare reports detailing Quality Control deficiencies found on site, (QC inspection Reports, Corrective Action Request, Critical Problem Reports, Field Service Audit Reports and Low Revenue High Dispute Rate Reports).
- Maintain expense reports for hotels that were audited/evaluated.
- Must be able analyze work performed by GuestTek Installations/Upgrades, Field Service employees and third party contractors.
- Must be able to interpret and apply standard GuestTek installation guidelines and procedures.
- 3rd Party Vendor management including direction and issue resolution.
- 2 year vocational-technical degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- 4 – 6 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Familiarity with project management techniques and processes.
- Working knowledge of hotel networking systems and interactive media preferred.
- Familiarity with CAD or Auto-Sketch an asset.
- Must be a pro-active thinker, a problem solver.
- Accountability for end results.
- Ability to build strong rapport and good interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to oversee and supervise others.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 80%.