Please submit qualified resumes to: email@example.com with the position title indicated in the subject field.
Position: Director – Configuration Management Americas
Department: Global Operations
Location: Calgary, AB or Salt Lake City, Utah
Job Type: Full time
Reports to: Director of Deployments
The Director of configuration Management is responsible for overseeing the Configuration Center – Americas. The configuration center is responsible for assuring that equipment leaving the warehouse is properly configured with a base configuration to expedite deployment of GTK solutions onsite. Along with this task, the Director is also responsible for the Technical Deployment Engineer [TDE] team.
- Maintain the configuration center up to date with the Installation, configuration, and troubleshooting standards for networking equipment for GuestTek solutions.
- Oversee and Manage the Technical Deployment Engineer team
- Ensure the Technical Deployment Engineer team is knowledge and trained all of GTKs solutions
- Oversee and manage the FSR deployments process
- Be the gatekeeper for new solution deployments
- Maintain effective communication with all of the Operations department i.e: PM, FQC
- Manage any and all technical deployment installation issues.
- Oversee and manage the TDE escalation process.
- Stay up to date with any new product developments and procedures
- Maintain and oversee the MACD process and procedure
- Create and maintain processes for new product deployments
- Possess a degree in Applied Information Technology from a technical College or equivalent.
- Preference would be given to individuals with CCNA.
- Advanced knowledge of GTKs processes and procedures both within Operations and with other departments
- Advanced knowledge of switched Ethernet, Internet connection methods, and networking.
- Advanced working knowledge of Linux, Switched, DSL, and WiFi networking equipment.
- Cabling knowledge is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong documentation and troubleshooting skills.
- Must have a valid Passport, and be able to travel overseas in case travel is required.
- Preference would be given to bilingual applicants.
- This position may require some travel, but most of the time will be spent in the office.
- This position can be very demanding, both physically and mentally. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, under tight deadlines.
- This position requires working with both technical and non-technical people, and effective communication is a must.
- A trustworthy individual able to work independently with limited supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Proven analytical skills and excellent problem-solving attitude and skills to resolve technical issues.
- Effective communicator